22.6.11

Carved Fruit and How To Admire Them

I was initially at a loss for words on how to describe the next four pictures.  They are some of the most exquisitely carved edibles I have ever seen.  It would have been a crime to not take a picture of them, for the sole purpose of admiring them.  Eat such masterpieces?  Inconceivable!  Unfortunately, as I write this, these wonderful sculptures will have already been consumed or have spoiled and been thrown out.  Such is the case of food art.  And so, we immortalize them as best we can, in pictures and in spoken verse.  The following spoken verse is shamelessly ripped off and modified from 1980's Somewhere in Time, because the written word of Richard Matheson works so well with the joys seen below:

The fruit of my dreams has almost faded now. The one I have created in my mind. The sort of fruit each whips-of-doler dreams of, in the deepest and most secret reaches of his stomach. 


 I can almost see them now before me. What would I say to them if they were really here? "Forgive me. I have never known this feeling. I have lived without it all my life. Is it any wonder, then, I failed to recognize you?" 


"You, who brought it to me for the first time. Is there any way I can tell you how my life have changed? Any way at all to let you know what sweetness you have given me?" 


"There is so much to say... I cannot find the words. Except for these: I'm hungry." 


Such would I say to the fruit, if they were still here.

-Sonic

No comments:

Post a Comment