5.8.11

Ice Cream for Breakfast

Love me some thick slabs of french toast
It's fun to break the rules every once in a while, especially on gorgeous summer mornings that greet you with a smile and encourage you to not hit the snooze button. If you're a night owl like me, you know the rare occurrence is fewer and farther between than a blue moon.

So of course, after an invigorating hour jog at 6:30am, I forgo-ed my usual "healthy, fulfilling" breakfast and indulged in some ice cream (soy based since I'm lactose intolerant) and my favorite breakfast dish - french toast. Sprinkle my favorite fruit on top, set aside some honey for dipping, and you get Shortcake's quick and easy breakfast guilty pleasure.

My go to french toast recipe is by the one and only Alton Brown. I cut thick slices of french or challah bread and kick up the recipe with a generous sprinkle of cinnamon atop both sides of the toast before baking. My favorite part of ice cream atop french toast is when the ice cream melts and lightly sogs the toast. Kinda icky for some, but delicious to me.
- Shortcake

No comments:

Post a Comment