16.7.11

Chocolate Frogs

"Aw rotten luck. They've only got one good jump in them to begin with." - Ron Weasley
I guess the spell loses its effectiveness in our world because once I lifted the cover to the ornately decorated, pentagon box, the frog remained content to stay inside. Just as the movie scene implies, these frogs are made of pure chocolate, milk or dark, depending on your preference. Unlike the quintessential, hollow chocolate bunnies found in Easter baskets, these chocolate molded frogs are solid chocolate through and through. Hence why the box itself feels pretty hefty when you first pick it up off the shelf, and why a sturdy knife is required to break apart the torso.
The milk chocolate is unlike any recipe used in super market aisle, run-of-the-mill chocolate bars. My palette is more accustomed to the bitter sweetness dark chocolate offers, so I was surprised when the milk chocolate didn't make me want to run away from over indulgence of sugar. For me, this flavor resides one tiny notch above the semi sweet morsels often encountered in chocolate chip cookies.
The best part for many kids is the wizard card that nestles underneath the chocolate frog. Unlike the movie, the Wizarding World of Harry Potter only offers four different wizard cards, the founders and namesakes of the Hogwarts houses: Godric Gryffindor, Helga Hufflepuff, Rowena Ravenclaw, and Salazar Slytherin. I must be fated to be in the house of Rowena Ravenclaw, since this card isn't the first time I've been deemed Ravenclaw material .
- Shortcake

No comments:

Post a Comment