19.7.11

Trilogy of Flavors: Apple

Apple Streusel Cake
Photo from Joy of Baking
A friend of mine passed along this Joy of Baking recipe when he found out Apple Streusel is my favorite way to have apples for dessert. The addition of hazelnuts to the cinnamon and sugar streusel makes it an ultimate toppings party on an already delicious apple cake. - Shortcake

Sliced Apples with PB
Photo from TransformationTrainer
Sometimes the simplest of dishes create the most powerful experiences. I've been craving old-fashioned apple slies and peanut butter for awhile now. Every time I eat them, I get a sudden wave of nostalgia and remember every detail of my kindergarten classroom. 
- Sonic

Jewish Apple Cake

We made these miniature Jewish Apple Cakes for a Seder meal for a Jewish group visiting my culinary school's restaurant. For presentation, we used up a random bag of dried apple rings, deep fried them, and finished with a drizzle of cinnamon syrup we had on hand. - Sandwich

No comments:

Post a Comment